Collection and presentation of data is at the core of our offering and a key differentiator for us. As a DBA at the company, you will lead the development, enhancement and maintenance of the company databases to allow handling millions of users in a complex real-time web-based application.
1. Analyze marketing and product requirements to determine optimized, modular and flexible database architecture.
2. Ensure scalability, performance and real-time responsiveness
3. Build database scheme, tables, procedures and permissions
4. Install and test upgrades and patches
5. Monitor system and platform for availability
The ideal candidate is a web 2.0 enthusiastic user who has a proven experience in large-scale DB deployments in consumers’ web services, in designing for performance and scalability. Must have exceptional problem solving skills, be familiar with cutting-edge DB technologies and design patterns. A team player that is able to learn quickly and work in a multi-tasking, fast-paced, environment.
- Proven experience as DBA (at least 5 years)
- Proven experience in designing and developing fully scalable database systems
- In depth DB technologies knowledge (MSSQL, My SQL, Oracle)
- Proficiency in developing B2C distributed systems, clustering and replications, local and remote
- Experience and understanding of DB performance, analytical and load tools
- Understanding of advanced web environment
- BA/BSC in computer science or equivalent
- A Gamer! - Strong advantage…